FRITZ! OS is the software that is installed on the FRITZ! Box and controls all functions of the device. The manufacturer AVM regularly provides new FRITZ! OS versions, with which the functions of your FRITZ! Box are extended.
FRITZ!OS update: A few easy steps to the latest version
- Open the user interface of the device. Enter "http://fritz.box" in the web browser.
- If required, log in with your user name and password..
- In the user interface under the menu "System" under "Update".
- Click on "Neues FRITZ!OS suchen" bzw. "Neue Firmware suchen".
- When a new version is found, the "Update jetzt starten" or "Firmware-Update jetzt starten" button will be displayed. Click on the button to start the update.
- As long as the “Info” LED flashes, the update will be transferred to the FRITZ! Box.
More Info: https://en.avm.de/service/downloads/online-update/